Fewer women than men pursue computer science, but correcting that imbalance won’t be accomplished via quick fixes or by making coursework less strenuous. Rather, the culture of computer science departments must change, as outlined in a new book, “Kicking Butt in Computer Science: Women in Computing at Carnegie Mellon University.”
- “A wasted opportunity for inclusion” – new publication on programming in school
- What has women and technology to do with programming for children?
- Could Code Clubs be a New Arena for Increasing Girls’ Digital Interest and Competence?
- What’s going on in my Writing Productivity Pipeline?
- CFP: IEEE TALE 2018 – Engineering Next-Generation Learning